- The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength
of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh,
they stumble and fell.
- Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should
rise against me, in this will I be confident.
- One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house
of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire
in his temple.
- For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle
shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
- And now shall my head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me; therefore will I
offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
- Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice; have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
The Holy Bible, King James Version, Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, Copyright © 1984,
1977 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Old Testament, Page 351